Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Kinda moody

That's the feeling this card makes me think of.  :)




I started off with Curio PP and built everything around it.  I wanted the stamped flowers to come out brown, but the ink turned black on the image and I think it probably turned out better as a result.  I actually decapitated the butterfly a bit as it was just a little too big.  The ribbon is the shade of Pinefeather - not one I thought I'd reach for so soon. 

Supplies - Stamps - Delightful dahlia, Envelope pattern, Fancy flourishes, BB: text, Mat stack 1 (sentiments), Paper - Curio PP (Basic grey), Spring moss, Lemon tart, kraft, Other - Love lives here dies, Tag sale die, Delightful dahlia dies (for masking), Tea dye distress ink (TH), Flowers (Prima), Lemon tart button, seam binding (matches Pinefeather).

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty, I love the layering on the tag.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty! love the dark colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a decapitated butterfly?! Sounds wonderfully ghoolish! Loving this moody number. The colors are so fabulous. Curio is one of my most favorite collections and I must say you have used it magically here. Love the stamping overlay of the dahlias and that gorgeous tag. Scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blue-green is dreamy, Anna, I just love that Curio paper! You're very brave to admit to decapitating a butterfly, LOL! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these warm, rich colors and the textured look your papers give. Really pretty! I also loved your PTI blog hop card--one of my favorites this time around!!

    ReplyDelete